In previous years, the #ButterflyHomeschool founded and ran a Physical Education Co-Op in College Park, Georgia. After we re-located to a new home, we didn’t start the Co-Op back up because we needed to get used to our new community. We also didn’t want to do a new group the same way we did the old one. We wanted to keep it simple this time. So, on that note, here is what you can expect.
HOW WE KEEP IT SIMPLE THIS YEAR
- *Registration is via Eventbrite so that I don’t have to keep sending individual emails or Facebook messages to each parent.
- *For Spring 2014, we’ll be focused just on Tennis, instead of just having general recess/playground time, like we used to do in the old group.
- *We will have a group buy opportunity to help families who are interested in saving money by coming together on costs for equipment and lessons / coaching.
- *We have announced the dates and times for our upcoming Tennis Co-Op activities for April and May on Eventbrite.
SUMMARY OF WHAT TO EXPECT
Within the event registration area, I have shared more details about what you can expect, but below I will share some of the highlights that you probably will want to be aware of before you register:
- When you register, make sure you register one chaperone and up to a maximum of 5 children. Then in the box indicated, you will be able to list the full names and ages of each child.
- Make sure you read the registration form carefully. We have included a required waiver and permission/consent form as part of the registration.
- Make sure you sign up for the group buy opportunity, if you believe that you’d like to save money on sports equipment and lessons.
- Each adult chaperone must have legal custody or legal guardianship of each child they register.
- Know that, as a mom who has lead a PE Co-Op before, I know that discipline issues (i.e., lack of parental guidance and/or bullying) can become a huge problem and destroy the whole atmosphere of the group. So, we have a clearly stated zero tolerance policy and warning system, which is detailed on the waiver and consent form.
PRIVACY & SECURITY
- As mentioned above, the zero tolerance policy and warning system information is included on the registration waiver and consent form.
- Location details will only be sent privately to each adult chaperone who has registered and verified their identity by way of signing the waiver and consent form.
- We will verify each adult chaperone’s identity. If we find that someone may not be who they say they are, their registration may be cancelled prior to sending out our meeting location details.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Use the contact form to reach out to us by email or call / text Donna at 678-861-8121